March is that time of year where Franklin County’s annual rabies clinic is about to be underway. Local veterinarians and Franklin County Animal Control staff encourage all area residents to come out and get their dogs and cats vaccinated.
February 28, 2014
March is that time of year where Franklin County’s annual rabies clinic is about to be underway.
Local veterinarians and Franklin County Animal Control staff encourage all area residents to come out and get their dogs and cats vaccinated.
State law requires all dogs three months old and cats four months old and over have a current rabies vaccination by a licensed veterinarian.
Animal Care Center, Midtown Veterinary Services and Town and Country Veterinary Hospital will graciously be hosting a clinic each Saturday, beginning March 8. Check the schedule for time and place to have dogs and cats vaccinated at the clinic most conveniently located.
Saturday, March 8
- Old Salem 8:30 a.m. – 9 a.m. Salem House
- Huntland 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. City Hall
- Centennial 11 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. Centennial Grocery
- Winchester Springs 1 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. Church of Jesus Christ (Old School)
- Center Grove 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Community Center
Saturday, March 15
- Cowan 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. Police Department (Old City Hall)
- Midway 9:45 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. Midway Store
- Sherwood 11:15 a.m. – 12 p.m. Community Center (Old School)
- Broadview 8 a.m. – 9:30 AM Bethel Methodist Church
- Lexie Crossroads 10 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. Lexie Church
- Belvidere 11:15 a.m. – 12 p.m. Community Center
- Estill Springs 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. City Park
- Capitol Hill 2:45 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. Community Center
Saturday, March 22
- Sewanee 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Public School
- Oak Grove 3 p.m.– 3:30 p.m. Community Center
- Decherd 4 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Old City Hall
Saturday, March 29
- Winchester 8:30 a.m. – 11 a.m. Board of Education Special Services (Old Health Department)
Cost will be $10 for each cat and dog.
All veterinary offices will also be offering the rabies vaccination through the month of March, if unable to make it to the clinics. For further information, contact Franklin County Animal Control at 967-5389 or a local veterinarian.